This USB 3.1 card lets you add two USB-C ports to your computer, through a PCI Express slot. It enables you to upgrade your current system by adding two USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports to your computer and giving you access to data transfer speeds up to 10Gbps. With the addition of two USB Type-C ports, you can rest assured your computer is compatible with the growing popularity of USB-C peripherals.
By adding 10Gbps USB ports to your computer, you can harness the speed of USB 3.1 Gen 2 and rest assured you’re ready for both current and future high-bandwidth USB-C devices.With higher data throughput support, this USB 3.1 PCIe card is a necessity for external drives, drive enclosures, and many other USB 3.1 peripherals. Plus, the USB card includes an optional SATA power connector to connect to your system power supply and deliver up to 900mA of power per port to USB 3.1 bus-powered devices (500mA for USB 2.0). The card is ideal for use with large external storage solutions.
The card is backward compatible with USB 3.0 (5Gbps) and USB 2.0 (480mbps) devices. You can add the card now for use with newer USB-C devices, while still connecting your existing USB peripherals using a variety of USB-C cables and adapters.
The USB 3.1 card is compatible with a broad range of Windows® and Linux® operating systems. Plus, the high-quality card includes both standard-profile and low-profile brackets, making it easy to install in full or small form-factor PCs and servers.
- PCI Express Base Specification Revision 2.0 x4.
- Compliant with Universal Serial Bus 3.1 specification Gen2.
- Compliant with xHCI (eXtensible Host Controller Interface) specifications Revision 1.1.
- Supports simultaneous operation of multiple USB 3.1, 3.0, USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices
- Supports USB data transfer rate of 10G/5G/480/12/1.5 Mbps.
- Expands dual external USB3.1 Super-Speed plus Type-C ports on the system.
- Each USB port supplies maximum +5VDC / 900mA power output to USB device.
- Built-in over current protection on each USB port.
- Support device remote wakeup function from USB keyboard or mouse.
- Hot-swapping feature allows connect/disconnect device without powering down the system.
- Chipset: Asmedia ASM1142（PCI Express USB3.1 Host controller）
- Host Bus Type: PCI Express 2.0 x4
- Internal Ports: 1 * SATA Power (15 pin)
- External Ports: 2 * USB Type-C (24 pin) USB 3.1 Gen 2(10Gbps), Female
- Compliance: USB 3.1 Gen 2 and PCI Express 3.0 specification
- Form factor chassis installation: Full size and low-profile
- USB data transfer rate: 10Gbps / 5Gbps / 480Mbps / 12Mbps / 1.5Mbps
- Power output: Up to 900mA, each USB port
- Power consumption: 3W (max)
- Dimensions: 4.72" (L) x 0.79" (H) x 3.94" (W)
- Weight: 0.11 lbs
- Color: Black
- Operating temperature: 32 to 140 degrees F
- Storage temperature: 14 to 158 degrees F
- Relative humidity: 5 to 90% RH (no condensing)
- Certifications/Standards: FCC, CE, RoHS
- USB 3.1 2-Port PCIe Host Adapter - Type-C
- Spare low profile bracket
- Installation guide